90w or 120w laptop charger, both 19v

Jonas Talkington

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
So, I think I know the answer already, but want to make sure.
I got one of the Asus k95vm laptops, the 18.4" beast.
It has a 19v 4.74a 90w charger. I know its volts x amps = watts and that more amperage just means more is available, not that it will be used necessarily.
My question is this. Would it be worth it in any way shape or form for me to get the 19v 6.3a 120w charger? Would, for example, it run cooler than the 90w one? (which I could most likely cook eggs on)
Thank you in advance!

RealBeast

Distinguished
I would stick with what you have, as it is the charger adequately rated for your laptop, just don't pile it under gasoline soaked rags.

Beast, LOL -- try the charger for my Dell M6500 -- Output: 19.5v, 12.31a Power: 240 Watts. It weighs more than most laptops with their chargers, and causes hernias in little ladies. :D

Jonas Talkington

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Hah! Fortunately I am a big guy, and the 8lb. laptop makes the charger seem, well, insignificant weight wise :D
I was just asking because I am going to buy a 2nd charger, and wanted to know if it would run cooler without any problems, etc. I may, though buy a universal slim one to achieve the same effect. Thanks for the answer :D

RealBeast

Distinguished

Nope, I would just stay with the same charger. :D