Question about Screen protector

sexmuffin

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hi guys! I got my note 3 a week ago and you can say im somewhat happy with it even tho it laggs alittle But the question i have is about screen protector. I went and bought a cheap screen protector and u can say its 'soft' which makes sliding your finger on the screen feel rubbery. Are there brands that make screen protectors(clear) that is 'hard' and will be smooth when you slide your finger across it or must i get a matte screen protector?

Or should I just go tempered glass?

thanks

Solution
@apanzee

hopefully you didnt have to delete a whole bunch of repeat posts of mine... the forum absolutely refused to let me post here (well ANYWHERE) earlier today and i just gave up. imagine my suprise when i see that post went through!

i'm running a custom rom on my phone as well. its hard to beat MIUI (running on an old droid incredible 1). i'm using one of those semi-soft (it feels like harder rubber) silicone cases and that screen protector. zero damage except a few micro scratches on the camera. oh and my speakerphone is shot haha..

i agree with you... i'd like to get some gorilla glass!

@op yes, i suppose i'm at fault for following apanzees hijack..... but i think we covered what we thought was the best option :)

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Check out the local electronics stores. Not the big guys like BestBuy etc, but the little outlets in the mall. Most of these places stock up on accessories for their devices, and should have a good selection to choose from.

I bought my mom a Galaxy Tab a while ago, and a thin film-like screen protector. You can't even tell it's there if you put it on carefully as to avoid creating air bubbles between it and the screen.

i actually like the ones bestbuy sells. though expensive its been stuck to my phone for at least 3 years now. it is semi-soft but it doesnt drag on your finger and included some application liquid (not glue) and a squegee for a nice good bond without bubbles. its a semi-stretchy thick film-like screen protector.

i bought some of the multipack glossy ones before and they just do not stick for very long. i went through the first three i bought when i got my phone , then another antiglare model and then finally i went to bestbuy and tried the one they sell and its been stuck on ever since making it my first choice. i've never had good luck with any of the hard plastic versions only the softer film like ones.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Bestbuy can occasionally get good stuff, but it usually depends on where you live. Bestbuy and their Canadian counterpart, Futureshop, don't control their inventory. Corporate does. The store staff usually have no idea what's on the truck when they get shipments. They just know to put it in the warehouse and take inventory until there's room on the shelf for it.

Smaller electronics stores that specialize in cell phones, tablets, headphones and things of the like are usually always stocked up on screen protectors and cases, etc etc.

Not saying don't go to Bestbuy ever. Just that for certain things you're more likely to find what you're after elsewhere.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I've tried all sorts in the past. Honestly, I don't even care at this point :p. My phones been alive for three years without a protector or case and still runs like new thanks to my custom ROM and system governors. I've dropped it down stairs and escalators, in the sink, on the sidewalk etc. The only noticeable damage is a few minor scratches on the screen (can't even see them in the dark), some scuffs on the corners of the body, and the "T" in HTC fell out on the back. Things a tank.

When I upgrade I'm just gonna get Gorilla Glass. :) No screen protector for me.

@OP, sorry for highjacking your thread :p - There are hundreds of brands that make the kind of thing you're looking for. As was said above, the big box stores occasionally get some good stuff. Also, the smaller stores tend to carry these things in stock most of the time. It's worth checking out both.

@apanzee

hopefully you didnt have to delete a whole bunch of repeat posts of mine... the forum absolutely refused to let me post here (well ANYWHERE) earlier today and i just gave up. imagine my suprise when i see that post went through!

i'm running a custom rom on my phone as well. its hard to beat MIUI (running on an old droid incredible 1). i'm using one of those semi-soft (it feels like harder rubber) silicone cases and that screen protector. zero damage except a few micro scratches on the camera. oh and my speakerphone is shot haha..

i agree with you... i'd like to get some gorilla glass!

@op yes, i suppose i'm at fault for following apanzees hijack..... but i think we covered what we thought was the best option :)

Solution

alexander2020

Estimable
May 21, 2014

I had similar problem with my old screen protector too. Touching my screen would feel like I'd placed my finger in sand. My phone is one my possessions that I can't do without and protecting it's screen seemed important. So I looked up some screen protectors on ebay. I ended up getting Gearmaxx screen protector for my phone and I am happy with the way it looks and feels. My point - Don't settle for anything less when you can have the best at a reasonable price. They even ship for free!!! you should definitely give it a try :)

Here is the link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-Galaxy-Note-3-N9000-N9005-Screen-Protector-GEARMAXX-Ultra-Clear-/181216616216?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Screen_Protectors&hash=item2a315a1f18