Looking to buy a Surface Pro 1 for digital art, but wanted to check in on other options?

thedonquixotic

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I am buying a tablet and it must have 2 things.

1. Windows so I can run full version of Photoshop.

2. Pressure sensitive pen support so that I can do digital art.

I'm looking at getting a Surface Pad Pro 1st generation for 475 usd on ebay, used. Any better deals I should be paying attention to?

ALSO, should I wait for Black Friday sales? I'm planning on buying used, so does it really matter, or should I wait?

Solution
There's nothing that can even remotely compare with the Surface - at least not currently. Maybe the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition which has a 2560 x 1600 display and note taking capabilities, but it's Android and can't run true Photoshop.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
There's nothing that can even remotely compare with the Surface - at least not currently. Maybe the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition which has a 2560 x 1600 display and note taking capabilities, but it's Android and can't run true Photoshop.

Solution

thedonquixotic

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Yeah I was also looking at the Tab, but as you say it doesn't run true Photoshop.

Do you guys think the used prices will go down with Black Friday or should I just go ahead and pick something up now?