Sony PS4 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps4

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Check out this great review comparing the PS4 and Xbox One! http://ps4andxboxonereview.blogspot.com/

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
You say the DS4 controller is smaller this round but when I put mine next to the DS3, it actually looks and feels bigger. Now I'm going to have to bring out the measuring tape because I think I'm losing my mind. I bought the DS4 controller a few days ago so when my PS4 arrives I can have some multiplayer fun. I REALLY like the feel of the new controller, I think they did a great job on that upgrade.

xpkomi

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
For a PlayStation 4 review you guys sure are quick to compare it to it's competition without having the physical unit there right beside it. And my other point being, can we get this article written by a man so err can take it seriously?

TheMatthew562

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Cons: Online multiplayer behind a paywall
This isn't a con its actually more of an improvement to help out Sony to provide the better online and overall experience for us because they are now going to be getting more money for ps plus and more people will start to buy it to play multiplayer that's the only thing behind the paywall so i can use all other features that the ps4 offers without ps plus like Netflix voice chat game recording and free to play titles like blacklight retribution this list goes on for ever and i have played all the free to play titles on my pc that sony will be offering in the ps4 and they are all very fun and great games to play your'e only going to have to pay for ps plus if you wanna play titles like bf3 and cod ghost online so its a good thing to have online multiplayer of AAA titles behind the wall pretty much because you can play the free to plays games online without ps plus.

falconbox

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
You don't need to be on a home network for the Vita remote play to work. They recommend it, but any Wifi will work.

ilhazard

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
The biggest difference between the hardware in the PS4 and XBox1 is in the specifications of their respective GPUs. Sadly, this article doesn't give any details beyond the brand name (which is exactly the same across consoles). Also, if you insist upon giving no details beyond the manufacturer, please at least change "graphocs" to graphics.

fnmunoz9969

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Jaguar apu is a netbook processor designed to compete in the low power segment of computing. That's why they need two of them for 8 cores but even then they're really underpowered. PC has the win today, any mid spec'd PC can do these graphics at 1080p.

patrick47018

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
And a little low in my opinion, yeah it is behind a paywall but PS+ is great value. And a console in an investment you don't buy it for the launch games you buy it for the future and all the games that will come in the next 10 years

maitelli

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
CPU: 1.6-GHz AMD Jaguar CPU
RAM: 8GB
Hard Drive Size: 500GB
Hard Drive Speed: 5,400rpm
Hard Drive Type: SATA Hard Drive
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Graphics

Very cute.

MBM25

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I'm 37 and remember these exact same reviews when the PS3 and Xbox 360 were released in 2005/2006. You could replace "PS4" with "PS3" in this and other reviews. My family pre-ordered both the PS4 and the Xbox One. Does anyone else remember when the 360 came out? Call of duty 3 was the big title for the 360. It looked like it belonged to the original xbox. Both systems were lauded in praise for tech specs but criticized for not having next gen have games. I think the PS4 came a long way with the newer FPS friendly controller and also making the system development friendly. I'll happily pick up the ps4 tomorrow and then the x one next Friday and enjoy the speedier interfaces and shinier graphics. More awesome games will come soon and the debate will be which console to buy a multiplatform game. Review sites need to ease up on both MSoft and Sony. Hardware always has to come first so developers know what they have to work with.

MBM25

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I'm 37 and remember these exact same reviews when the PS3 and Xbox 360 were released in 2005/2006. You could replace "PS4" with "PS3" in this and other reviews. My family pre-ordered both the PS4 and the Xbox One. Does anyone else remember when the 360 came out? Call of duty 3 was the big title for the 360. It looked like it belonged to the original xbox. Both systems were lauded in praise for tech specs but criticized for not having next gen have games. I think the PS4 came a long way with the newer FPS friendly controller and also making the system development friendly. I'll happily pick up the ps4 tomorrow and then the x one next Friday and enjoy the speedier interfaces and shinier graphics. More awesome games will come soon and the debate will be which console to buy a multiplatform game. Review sites need to ease up on both MSoft and Sony. Hardware always has to come first so developers know what they have to work with.

MBM25

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

MBM25

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.