Galaxy Tab 2 – Move apps to External SD not working for me.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I know that this subject is covered in many articles and forums, but I can’t seem to find a solution that fits and works for me. I consider myself a power user – not an expert – with Android, but this seemingly simple task has eluded me up until now.

So I’ve got an 8GB Galaxy Tab 2 7”. It is rooted and I am running CM10.1.3. I am loading it up with apps for my daughter, and I’ve run out of space.

How do I get the apps to install to the external microSd card??? I don’t have an option in “settings | apps” to “move app to SD card”. I’ve tried a few apps from the play store to accomplish this task, but to no success.

Any advice, links to tutorials, or a personalized dummy guide would be most appreciated.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Thanks, but I get the same result with that as I do with any of the other apps from the play store. It doesn't give me the option to actually move the app, like it's blocked somehow. Maybe my card is not formatted correctly? I'm embarrassed how little I know on this subject considering hire many other facets of android I've more or less mastered.

hms8

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

Try this guide