Unlock 4th core on Phenom II x3 710 on MSI 970a-G46?

Stardust342

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I have a PII x3 710 on my MSI 970a-G46 motherboard and I would like to unlock the fourth core to... you know.. increase performance. I have a thermaltake Frio OCK on it, that keeps it at 33c at full load, so I'm pretty sure heat isn't a problem. I went into the bios and enabled core control, but it only showed three cores. Then I went into Control Center on windows and turned OC Genie on manual, restarted my computer and went to "unlock core" but it still showed only 3 cores. Why can't I unlock the fourth? What am I doing wrong?

Stardust342

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I read some of that article, and they said they enabled ACC to get the fourth core... my motherboard doesn't have that option... it might be called something different on MSI... I also saw that some CPU's didn't support it even though they were the exact same model number as others that did. Is it possible mine just doesn't support it?

Stardust342

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

So AMD has made it impossible? How? Did they force motherboard manufacturers to update bios's to make it not possible on any CPU? I'm really confused because obviously it was possible at one point.