'Batman: Arkham Origins' Review: Brilliance Outweighs Frustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazups2x

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Great review! I was trying to find out if Origins had a good story and now I know it does. More reviews need to talk about a games story. It seems like most reviews ignore the story and only talk about gameplay and graphics. I really like that you had a whole section dedicated to the story.

Bookmarked this site.

Abaddon

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
I've been playing this since Friday and am a massive fan. The review was pretty spot on, though I wouldn't agree about the graphics quality being similar, everything looks much better to me in this newest incarnation (though I am playing on a PC with an NVIDIA card and 3DVision, so I can imagine things would be much worse for ATI users or console kiddies).
The other things which needs to be addressed are the menu's and map, there is essentially no mouse support here which is very frustrating (especially on the map, as this worked well in Arkham city, it's WASD only and very fiddly trying to select a marker).

wazups2x

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
@photonboy

I disagree. I thought Batman: Arkham Asylum played much better with a mouse and keyboard than it did with a controller.

I haven't played Origins or City yet so I don't know how those are but if they're like Asylum I see no reason to use a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.