Windows or android tablet?

prunehairs

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I'm looking into getting a new tablet soon and I want to know which is better, a windows 8 tablet, or android? Keep in mind I will be using this tablet for school and general browsing/video. Also, fi you have any suggestions for specific tablets feel free to post them.

Thanks

Solution
"If I could get something like office on an android tablet"

"OfficeSuite Pro". Got it on my Android phone - very good.
http://www.mobisystems.co.uk/android_office/

Standard (free) version was already installed, but "Pro" version much more versatile.

popatim

Splendid
I would ask you to examine your current computing lifestyle. If you need Windows programs on the go then grab a full win8 tablet but please be aware that windows RT often gets confused for win8 but cannot run win8 programs.

If you can live without those programs, or verify that there is an equivalent android app that works well, an android tablet can be a very enjoyable and cheaper experience. Also be aware that android is less secure than windows.

prunehairs

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

Thanks for the information, the really the most I do is use office and stream video and just browse. If I could get something like office on an android tablet I think that would be ok and cheaper.