iPhone 5s or Samsung S4/5 ?

martz456

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
So my iPhone 4s contract is ending next year in February and I am thinking of getting one of these phones.
The iPhone 5s is out so I can get it after my contract is over but I can also get Galaxy S4(which I prefer because its bigger, but on the other hand its slower than 5s).
Now my question is, should I get the 5s or s4 or just wait couple months for S5?
The Galaxy S5 will probably be faster/cheaper than the 5s, is it reasonable to wait for it?

OlittoTV

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
it depend on what you want/need it for. you will get some people that are apple or samsung fanboys saying that either one is better but have personally used both and love my s4. if you want a smaller easy to reach across the screen phone then the iphone is a great option but would you like a bigger 1080p screen? go with the s4 if so. both are around the same speeds in browser tests and stuff anyway.

blademaster123

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Depends what you want.
iPhone5s - Nice but small screen, beast at gaming, Fingerprint Sensor, iOS 7, smooth
Disadvatages- Small screen, IMHO the OS isn't as free as android,
S4- Gorgeous big screen, also beast for gaming, Nice camera, Android
Disadvatages- Some lag in the UI, Plastic body, quite a long wait for Android updates
However another alternative to the S4 is the Nexus 5. It's faster, smoother and will get updates much quicker due to it being a Google device. Also really cheap

nick3232

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Get out of here apple fanboy noob who doesn't know anything,What are you 10? the s4 has much more processing power and ram also a much better os.People just get apple cause it's fancy and shiny also cause they wanna brag and be behind the hype.In technical specs the s4 is much better

blademaster123

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Although I do agree with you in terms of the typical fanboy response, the iPhone isn't a slouch by no means.
Although the iPhone 5 is dual core, it is a strong dual core, the problem is nVidia with their Tegra , forced other manufacturers to jump to quad core when there was so much more to dual core. Also the graphical processor in the iphone 5s is beast, it's probably equivalent to the Adreno 330 (found in the Snapdragon variant of the Note 3, LG G2, Nexus 5). However, I agree with you with the more RAM (better multitasking) and the better OS (opinion). The OP should just go for the phone which has the OS (and performance) he prefers. iOS 7 simple, vivid and clean.
Android- Also Simple, Customizable, Good at multitasking.

G

As an iPhone 5s user, I can say its a solid phone. I've never had a Samsung phone, but some of them are massive and tablet sized. The iPhone 5s is a struggle to cram into my pockets, and it is a little odd transitioning from a smaller device. However, the fingerprint scanner is nice and fairly accurate, the dual core processor runs most Apple Store games nice, and the base memory (16 gigs) will suffice for most. However, the 5s is larger than its predecessors (excluding the 5 and the inferior 5c), and requires a new case and charging cable. Also, 10 hours of battery is a lie. I can normally cram 4 or 5 hours out of my battery while texting with medium brightness. Also, if you want a waterproof case, don't get a 5s. The finger print scanner will not work unless it makes direct contact with your finger.
In case you happen to be lazy, I'll sum it up here.
Pros: Nice processor, runs games nice, iMessage is nice, base memory is enough for most, and fingerprint scanner is accurate.
Cons: Large, new charging cable and case if not coming from 5, hard to cram into pocket, eh battery, and fingerprint scanner can't be concealed when in use.
Also, iOS7 is sleek and very user-friendly. Adds a lot of nice features which the older phones didn't have.