Sprint Samsung S2 Issues

Cardinalsin6

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I have multiple issues recently and happened at the same time. Not sure if they are related. I bought a new battery because the old one would not hold a charge for very long and it was bulging. So I got a new battery and it is still not lasting long and the phone is still doing some crazy stuff like after unplugging from charger i get a message that says voltage too high charging paused and still thinks it is getting charged. touch screen sometimes wont swipe correctly but sometimes works perfectly. I tried updating to JB but my computer wont recognize the phone thorugh the usb cable so i cant update it through the downloader sprint provides. Current OS 4.0.4, broadband version FL24. any ideas, Im reduced to leaving on the charger half the day and taking the battery out at night. Luckily I have less than 2 months before I can upgrade.

Thanks

Solution

I would try out the HTC one x or something else...

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
My girlfriend is currently on her 3rd replacement S2 from tmobile and frankly it's just a big pile of crap. I don't know what they were doing when they made that phone but it hardly ever works correctly. I don't have any answers to your problems just know that your not the only one. I have the S3 and never had an issue though, so I think they worked out most the issues after the S2.

Cardinalsin6

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear about the S3. It worked fine for me until around a month ago. I have had it for about 16 months. Now I only use it for phone calls while waiting until upgrade time. I like the galaxy line but this experience made me briefly consider the iphone...

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

I would try out the HTC one x or something else comparable to the S4 before going to iphone, once you use a quality android device there just isn't any comparison.

Solution