"send email to guests without owners' knowledge"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralf23446

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
how is this not a legitimate question that got my same previous thread deleted before any replies?

When I check the App info for some apps on my Android phone, it says:

PERMISSIONS:
This app can access the following on your phone:

Your Personal Information: add or midify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge, read calendar events plus confidential information, read your contacts, read your own contact card, read your web bookmarks and history

And then a bunch of other things that seem to make sense to me.

What does "send email to guests without owners' knowledge" mean? Who's the owner? Me, the phone owner or guests the owner (me) sends emails to without their knowledge??

ralf23446

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
I have no controll over the app, and it could send an 'email' to people without me knowing? Or I'd basically set it to auto-send emails without notifying (annoying) me?

USAFRet

Illustrious
You have absolute control over that app.
It the terms of its use are too onerous, just don't use it.

It would seem that it might send an email, whenever it chose, to anyone who might have visited your calendar, or is in your contact list.
What the content of that email might be? You have to ask the developers. But basically...whatever they want to send.

ralf23446

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
"It the terms of its use are too onerous, just don't use it."

The Google app actually says this and at least one other. Maybe I can Google through the Chrome app. Or contact the manufacturer/Android and find out what it means.

This is my 1st actual smart phone. For only like $40 more, I could have gotten one with a dual core CPU, more RAM, full HD resolution, and 4G Lte vs the 3G I have. I read so many bad things about 4G Lte radiation like turning trees brown and stuff that I actually opted for 3G.
Boycott 4G Lte.

Status
Not open for further replies.