Strange horn sound

aimeeontheroof

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Hi there,
I have an Acer TravelMate 8210 that is roughly four years old, but has kept up very nicely and has never failed me. Today, however, I noticed a very strange problem. Whenever I play music or watch a video on youtube, the sound will stop for a moment and play a loud sound that sounds like a horn. The sound sometimes lasts for a long time and sometimes only a short time. This happens weather I'm wearing headphones or not, and it doesn't matter what player I'm using. It comes out of the speaker. I only hear the sound when audio is playing. I've already tried restarting my laptop. I would greatly apreciate if anyone would be able to help me fix this. Thanks in advance, Aimee

aimeeontheroof

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

I hear it through both... I probably do have a few windows updates, since I keep updates off.

Anona123

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Not too sure if it's the same thing but I changed my "theme" recently on my computer and it started to make trumpet sounds. So just go back to personalise > themes and choose the default. (Not sure if it's the same problem you have)