Why an Amazon Streaming Video Box Could Be Good for You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind an Amazon set top box. My Roku is always in the Prime app anyways. The only time I am out of the Prime app is after a power failure or if I accidentally click the back button too many times.

Although it would need the option to use Netflix. I am still considering a Netflix account. So far the included Prime videos and my Media Center PC keep me inundated with quality programming and movies.

cdwilliams1

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
I dunno. As A Roku user with Netflix, Hulu+, and Amazon Prime - I use Amazon Prime the least. Netflix has everything Amazon does and more. Amazon seems to feature stuff like "Dirty Jobs", "xxxx Wars (storage/pawn/flip that house/etc), Real housewives of xyz. Crappy stuff. The quality stuff they DO have is duplicated on Netflix. Netflix makes me mad because of how they rotate the good stuff in and out - it doesn't stay constantly available but overall they have better stuff. Hulu+ I like the least because of the commercials even as a paying customer, but they carry current season TV shows which the other two don't - so I'm stuck with them. Really though, I have Amazon Prime for the free shipping. The streaming service is a bonus and not something I'd pay for.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
The problem with set top boxes they become quickly obsolete and company drops support for it in just a few years.
You can buy a mini-pc with a remote for a little over $100 and install xbmc it already has support for all popular steaming sites and is open source and will be around for a very long time.
I learned the hard way im up to my 5th set top box and had enough after boxee box support vanished after 2 years now i run a mini-htpc with xbmc.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
The problem with set top boxes they become quickly obsolete and company drops support for it in just a few years.
You can buy a mini-pc with a remote for a little over $100 and install xbmc it already has support for all popular steaming sites and is open source and will be around for a very long time.
I learned the hard way im up to my 5th set top box and had enough after boxee box support vanished after 2 years now i run a mini-htpc with xbmc.

gajeeni

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
I just want to add my story. I get paid over $87 per hour working online with Google! I work two shifts 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening. And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Its by-far the best job I’ve had. I follow this great link >>>> http://cuttr.it/ukvczrq

gajeeni

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
I just want to add my story. I get paid over $87 per hour working online with Google! I work two shifts 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening. And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Its by-far the best job I’ve had. I follow this great link >>>> http://cuttr.it/ukvczrq

Status
Not open for further replies.