HP dv7 with crazy horizontal lines help!

groovtastic

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hi there. I am working with an Hp dv7 and horizontal lines appear randomly on the screen and cannot be fixed unless the battery is taken out and rebooted. It doesn't matter what you are doing on the computer at the time. It's running Win 7 64-bit. Here's a picture it probably tells you more than I can. Thanks.

mDjFPWU.jpg

smoothdude

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
This looks like a problem with either the screen resolution or the refresh rate. Are you running any applications which could potentially change the screen resolution?

groovtastic

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013

There may be a screensaver program or something like that on it but I will have to look tomorrow. Could that cause it?

smoothdude

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Did you get this resolved? I wouldn't think a screensaver would cause this. There might be a problem with your display drivers, try launching windows in Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.

groovtastic

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
There was an old screen saver program on there that I uninstalled with Revo and it didn't help (thought it might have something to do with resolution? Pulling at straws here). In safe mode it hasn't done it to me yet, and I am going to leave it running in safe mode for awhile tonight and do a hard drive test. I will try reinstalling the drivers again as well, thanks!

groovtastic

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Okay this wasn't fixed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest ATI Drivers and everything seemed to work great - like for hours. Get it back to my friends and hop on his wireless and within 10 minutes it does it. The only difference between my place and his was the wireless connection. It doesn't make any sense?