Q - waves - problem with usb root hub , reciever not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakub Belsi

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
hello guys just bought Q-waves wifi transmitter all instaled an seems to be working but it is still showing NOT CONECTED then i checked device manager and i found the usb root hub with Yelow ! , im on windows 8 64 bit and the troubleshooting not helping also it is saying that my USB drivers are Up to date, any help appreciated

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Did you install the driver manually or did you let Windows install it automatically? It is possible that you may need to find the appropriate driver on the manufacturer's website.

Jakub Belsi

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013

Hello mate thanks for your answer , i instaled all the drivers myself some of them from cd supllied by qwaves and others updated ones from display link website , the trouble is qwaves website seems to be no longer working so i got to instal all the drivers from cd by using windows troubleshot because there was message saying these drivers cant be instaled because of compotability issues, im runnig win8 so i instaled them trough troubleshot instal drivers for older versions of windows , the instalation then finished with no problem or error message , the second driver i instaled directly from display link website, which Was upgraded for windows 8 instalation with no problem .. After that i have been asked to plug in pc usb receiver which i did then to plug in the hub receiver conected to tv . Then the signal betwen these devices should appear on right bottom corner of desktop but i remains grey saying not conected, when i open device manager then it is showing the yellow ! Next to root hub which appear when i plug the pc hub in ! Im really sad about it !! Maybe there is something going on with my usb hub im not sure i tried to plug it in usb3.0 and usb2.0 with no luck but sometimes im having issue wit the hub disconecting and connecting device by itslef.
Thanks for helping me out with this .. Also the problem may be that the qwaves site not working and it need updated driver which is not avilable anywhere .

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Remove all Q-wave drivers using DriverFusion or whatever program you are comfortable with. There should only be one driver installation. The Windows 8 driver from their website should be the proper one.

Jakub Belsi

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013

but the display link driver is just for display , but the q-waves driver is for the usb hubs communicating a connecting to each other. so i don't think it will help.. when i uninstal it the hub wont even show up as connected because is not recognized ..

natvdr

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

natvdr

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
hi , i was wondering if you have been able to get your q-wave usb wireless to function on windows 8 yet - i'v e tried a few options but my cp keeps shutting down saying page in non-page area .. and also can't find any q-waves pages to download any updates .... unfortunate.... if anyone has found a fix to this . it be great to let us know ..

Danskeman

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I also have a q waves device, and it works fine under W7 (32 or 64 bit). I also get same issue re usb hub, and I don't think we will ever get a solution as q waves seems to have vanished. I tried to set up my PC as dual boot W8 /W7, but failed as I have OEM W8 with EUFI based PC, and I could not install W7 on a spare partition (I'm not sure why though - I had EUFI secure boot switched off). There are ways but very complicated as far as I can see,

However, I was able to install W7 on a new hard disk in legacy mode, and I installed that on my laptop using an optical drive caddy (removing internal optical drive). Form my bios, I can choose legacy or EUFI boot. When I choose EUFI, it boots into windows 8, when I choose legacy, it boots into W7. This is not really dual boot, but "either or" boot as I call it, but it works.

At first, I could not get it to work on W7 for two reasons
1) I had not installed (as I found out by looking on an older laptop where q waves worked) the displaylink core software, which came with original disks (lost of course). I downloaded latest version from displaylink, and it would not install due to graphics incompatibilities.

2) I realised was using basic MS graphics drivers - I had to update using manufacturer's drivers (Sony).

The latest version of displaylink, still gave some error mesages, but on reading some forums, people were complaining the new version was difficult to install. Fortunately, their site had previous versions dating back to XP drivers. I selected the last windows 7 version (i.e. before a W8 version came out), and this installed straight away.

Coupled with latest 64 bit drivers for q waves, it now works.

So although I cannot use q waves on W8, I can easily flip to W7, and run it - not perfect, but does the job.

noska

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
hate totell u this guys but qwaves is only compatible with windows upto windows 7 if your like me u wont give up

but the way the new os works is direct conflict with the program hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.