polarity screw up please HELP

kentsquires

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
I bought a replacement power supply for my dell upgraded to 90w-ac but the prob it that the old one was +on out side - on inside and the new one is back the other way around what did I fry. me thinking that they would send the right one I didn't think to check that HELP it is a dell n7010

I don't have an answer for you but will tell you that posting the same question multiple times will not get you an answer any more quickly. I hope someone is soon able to post a response that will be helpful.

No problem, it's understandable when you are new to the forum. Someone else posted a question about a power brick for a dell computer. It seems as though the original power brick was rated at 60w and the replacement at 90w. I can't remember if they were looking for a replacement or were having trouble with one they purchased.

kentsquires

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

ok thanks but there is a burning smell coming from the laptop and now it will not do anything I think it toast

Sorry to hear that. Are you going to check to see what got fried?

kentsquires

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

The old powe brick and battery was working but the battery was not keeping charge till are son broke the screen so I order a replacement From amazon and they had a bundle that made the power cord and battery cheaper and it did say all of this was for my brand and model of laptop I did check all the # but well you know where I am now a burnt laptop and prob cost more to fix then a new one going to call them and fine out what can be done about this time to send it away for an estaminet lol