Galaxy Note 8.0 vs Nexus 7(2013) For school note-taking?

Tman450

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
MY handwritten notes are so extremely messy and unorganized that they look like garbage, and i can't study off of them.

would like a 7-8 inch tablet to take notes on, either through the Pen (Note 8.0), or a keyboard case/stand.

Which would be the better option? i like Nexus 7's design and Screen, and i love stock android

I like the Note 8.0's larger but lower res screen, and the S-pen with Wacom digitizer would be really nice for note-taking.

would a keyboard case or S-pen be easier for note-taking, and which device?

Jaxem

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
well, i have a nexus 7 and my wife has a note 8.0...and i'll say, if your handwriting isn't at least decent, the note 8.0 will have a really hard time recognizing it and you'll spend more time being frustrated with it that getting notes down. A Nexus 7 with a keyboard would be really nice for note taking i think (though i've never hooked one up to mine).

Tman450

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

Huh... you think so? my handwriting is extremely messy (i can't read it half of the time).

I heard Nexus 7's have been having hardware issues. I don't know.. Nexus 7 is like 100 dollars cheaper.. is there a user-friendly keyboard case for it, and would it work better than the S-pen?

ON another note, I like your computer build. very, very similar to mine. ;)

Jaxem

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
It's small enough i don't know that there are keyboard cases for it, i'd just get a mid sized bluetooth keyboard to put in your backpack. There were some issues with the GPS and touchscreen at first, but they've been pretty much fixed with software updates. If your handwriting is messy, you'll just end up using a keyboard for the note, because the handwriting recognition is only so good, when i played with my wife's, it would get my input right probably 80% of the time (and i have pretty good handwriting for a guy, very legible), and my wife's it never misses, but she does calligraphy and stuff, so her's is amazing.

Narrator

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I purchased the Note 8.0 for the same reason. I returned it a few days later for the Tab 3 8.0 and going to order a keyboard case when they release them. I have an Ipad with a Logitech Folio keyboard case and that worked wonders for me, however it was still a little to restrictive OS wise. So my Personal opinion, go with a keyboard. Plus if you ever lost that Pen from the Note.. it would suck (Been There)

Tman450

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

I went with the Nexus 7, no issues, and got a bluetooth keyboard. very happy.