"Phonebloks" What do you think

b737lvr

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDAw7vW7H0c

So Dave Hakkens believes that you can make a computer, well from what he's proposing as a phone, by simply connecting a bunch of components with copper circuits, and it would all function no matter what way you organized it.

What do you think of his, what he's calling, "invention"?

In my opinion this is the most absurd proposal I have ever seen in the history of my years of working with computers. Not only is he being ignorant to how computers even function, but he just thinks that by throwing money at people you can make what ever you want.

Solution
I think that if the "speed" area as he calls it remains in one block all on its own, which is by far the most complicated part of the entire machine, it can probably be worked someway.

But then there are things like, if the battery can be placed in any slot, how will it ALWAYS complete the circuit without missing any component?

What his idea could easily work like would be custom-built bases, not building it any way you like. By having a custom-built base you'd have predefined sizes for areas, but you could upgrade them.

Kelthar

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
I think that if the "speed" area as he calls it remains in one block all on its own, which is by far the most complicated part of the entire machine, it can probably be worked someway.

But then there are things like, if the battery can be placed in any slot, how will it ALWAYS complete the circuit without missing any component?

What his idea could easily work like would be custom-built bases, not building it any way you like. By having a custom-built base you'd have predefined sizes for areas, but you could upgrade them.

Solution