how to view hidden files in android

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasserBasha

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Hi guys ..

So I have Sony XPeria LIVE WITH WALKMAN and I had some files that I wanted to hide, so one friend of mine did that for me, now i tried to view these file on phone but I couldn't, then I connected my phone to my PC and tried the show hidden files option from windows but it showed a file with extension .nomedia and didn't work also.
My friend is now abroad and i really need to view these files so how can I do that either on pc or my phone

Thanks in advance for ALL of you guys :)

Solution
HI

Connect your SD card to PC,then find a folder named- ".hermit"(all file hide expert files will be stored here),then look out for a folder- "recovery_area">then go to".mnt.hider">then go to ".sdcard.hider">then>".Anroid.hider">then".data.hider">then open the file u wanted to see.
IF the file is a pic then it will be quoted as "<pic name>.jpg.hider" ,now remove .hider(while renaming) and a dialogue box appears"If u change the file name extension and blah blah blah..." press yes. thats it done.. u can see the pics now cause they are now back to .jpg extension format.

he might have installed a software to hide files.check on ur phone for recent apps that is installed

GuruKrishna

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
HI

Connect your SD card to PC,then find a folder named- ".hermit"(all file hide expert files will be stored here),then look out for a folder- "recovery_area">then go to".mnt.hider">then go to ".sdcard.hider">then>".Anroid.hider">then".data.hider">then open the file u wanted to see.
IF the file is a pic then it will be quoted as "<pic name>.jpg.hider" ,now remove .hider(while renaming) and a dialogue box appears"If u change the file name extension and blah blah blah..." press yes. thats it done.. u can see the pics now cause they are now back to .jpg extension format.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.