Mitsubishi DLP troubleshooting

racer77man

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I have a 65" Mitsubishi DLP television when you turn it on the tv starts up but goes to the blue welcome screen and thats it. You have to unplug the tv to shut it off you can not shut the tv off with the remote. Please give me a quick fix......please email me with the fix racer77man@yahoo.com thank you

racer77man

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

System board??? Any idea how to test it??? Any clue where to get a new one if its bad? How much is one? Should I just pitch it and buy a new 80"LED TV.

No idea how to test it aside from swapping things out or testing the electrical contacts one by one. To find one, ebay would be the best place to look based on your exact TV model. If you can replace it yourself, and the system board is actually the issue, it will be a lot cheaper than buying a new TV. Don't know how you feel about opening up the TV, most of the time you don't want to mess with that unless you are good with electricity as there are plenty of components in the TV that can give you a nasty shock if not put you in the hospital if you touch the wrong thing.

If you are looking for such a large replacement, even with paying someone to do the work it would be cheaper to fix the thing. If you get a 42"-50" or so TV, you probably should replace it. A new 80" size TV would be pretty pricy.

racer77man

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

I already have the back of the TV off, I took a small compressor and blew all the dust from inside the set. Looked like a dust bowl from out west. If I can not fix this TV and believe me I love this TV best pitucre I have ever seen. Now if I cant fix it im thinking about getting the new Sharp 90" 3D Aquamotion 240 Smart TV for around $7,500 to $8000. So its all up to me and you to try and get this thing fixed so I can keep all that cash in my pocket.....

Check for a replacement system board, or get a repair guy to take a look at it, will not cost nearly as much as 7k to fix it. You may have him check over some other things like the bulb and color wheel, those tend to need adjusting/replacing to maintain best image quality. Board should be pretty easy to swap out.