Bug after upgrading to 4.2.2 on galaxy-grand-duos. Any help?

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Hi,

some 5-6 days back I upgraded my GT-I9082 to Android 4.2.2 using Kies. First update was a failure saying USB not connected. Second time it worked.

I found the Facebook App showing 4 notifications all the time. After opening the app found no notifications available, not on the FB website too. Restarted phone, reinstalled app, still issue persist. Found some people too face the same issue with no solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Other than some other minor changes in the icons, settings (which I don't like), it has many cool stuffs.

Solution

Have u tried disabling advance ongoing.notification in the app itself?enter the app,press the menu/softkey.there should be an option for advance ongoing notification in the setting

go to setting,app manager,look for the facebook app and clear cache and data

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Tried that one too. Not working. Restarted too.

The notification is there even when I logged off my account. Seems I have to live with this :(

Let me see if logging in with someone else account fixes the issue. I'll post back if that works. Thanks

Swipe notification bar down.you should see a little X on the right side of the fb notification.click that and it will show something like advance notification and un tick that.hope it works.

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Sorry, still not working. Even tried disabling all the notifications. Thanks for helping.

Btw, just to make it more easier to understand my issue, m posting a link to the screenshoot.

Have u tried disabling advance ongoing.notification in the app itself?enter the app,press the menu/softkey.there should be an option for advance ongoing notification in the setting

Solution

Ghees Alias

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
For all who gets annoyed due to the faster battery drain and poor performance od android 4.2.2 in Galaxy Grand Duos, here I have the solution. Actually I was trying to get it rolled back to 4.2.1. So took backup of everything in phone memory. In the recovery mode(Home + Volume Up + Power button), I did wipe data/factory reset. After rebooting, I thought it was 4.2.1 bcz it was extremely awesome. But it was 4.2.2 itself and s just working the same as 4.2.1 with all the updates. Do this reset guys. 4.2.2 is just amazing/=.

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
For me I had to use the "Factory Data reset" under "Backup and Reset" option under "Accounts" in Settings.

Just curious, what is the difference between the Reset using "Factory Data reset" and the one used by pressing the volume key.....?

AngSanley

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

it just the same, when you click data reset from settings, it will tell recovery to reset your data, if you using recovery (volume key), you reset it manualy

Actually you don't need to reset data, you only need to clear the Tw Launcher app data

Klenn

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I had the same problem. My samsung grand hangs and has slow performance after the update.

Thanks to your suggestion, i tried clear data and force stop the Touch Wiz application. Now its back to normal performance. ;)

Dwenx55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014