Your question

How to stop laptop touchpad from turning off on its own? (HP DV7 1175nr)

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Notebooks
  • Notepad
  • Touchpad
  • Hewlett Packard
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
September 10, 2013 2:20:35 PM

I've had this HP DV7 Pavilion laptop for the last six years and it's been working just fine until now (aside from missing backspace and down arrow keys).

Now I'm having trouble with the touchpad. It just plain stops working on its own. I think it's a problem with the built-in touchpad button. If I could just turn the touchpad on and disable that button I'd be so happy. Any ideas? I've tried Keytweak without success.

Thanks!

NOTE: I'm looking specifically for some work around that stops the touchpad from turning off. The touchpad enable/disable button is broken and turns on and off capriciously.

More about : stop laptop touchpad turning dv7 1175nr

a b D Laptop
September 10, 2013 5:41:22 PM

Finesse said:
I've had this HP DV7 Pavilion laptop for the last six years and it's been working just fine until now (aside from missing backspace and down arrow keys).

Now I'm having trouble with the touchpad. It just plain stops working on its own. I think it's a problem with the built-in touchpad button. If I could just turn the touchpad on and disable that button I'd be so happy. Any ideas? I've tried Keytweak without success.

Thanks!

Try checking your touchpad setting in control panel and make sure it's turn on permanently.
September 10, 2013 7:54:06 PM

kookie3010 said:

Try checking your touchpad setting in control panel and make sure it's turned on permanently.

There was no option to turn it on permanently. It's not something I'll be able to fix through the Control Panel.
September 12, 2013 3:19:47 PM

The problem seems to be resolved after taking the computer apart for a fan cleaning. Hopefully it will last.
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS