DRIFT-O-MATIC

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
I have a 2001 Mitsubishi HDTV rear projection model WS55809. While watching it one night, it just turned off by itself. I pushed the power button, the green light came on, and then immediately click off again. No blinking. I did this several times, with the same result. And then, the green light refused to even come on. I checked the fuse located at the entry point of the power cord for continuity, and it is OK. I then pulled the power cord and checked it, and it showed 120 V going through it. I looked at all the circuit boards, and did not see any bulging capacitors. There are also no sounds or lights detected inside the case. Do you have any idea what could be the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. David

DRIFT-O-MATIC

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

I'm not a tech; so I don't know where the power supply is or how to check it. However, I do have a VOM and a soldering iron, and follow instructions pretty well.

GamerFreaky24-7

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014
I Unplugged My Mitsubishi HDTV And Left It Unplugged For About Five Minutes. After The Five Minutes Has Past I Plugged It Back In And The Green Timer Light Flashed Three Times Then I Attempted To Turn It On And It Worked. I Guess It Turns Off By Itself Because It Doesn't Want To Over Heat And Ruin The Motherboard Chip.

mrv58

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014