Mom needs new phone; Under $150; Loud; Android; T-Mobile; Durable

NAH_YUHMUHDA

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
Hi guys my mom is in need of a new smartphone since her current one is in its last days. She'd prefer an android phone and is willing to spend up to $150 dollars. She would buy used but it has to be in like-new conditions. It has to be able to be activated on T-Mobile. She has a habit of dropping her phones so she wants one with a durable screen and one with loud speakers since she always complains about not being able to hear people in her phone calls. And lastly she would like a good battery life but that's the least important thing.
Thanks for all your help guys :)

NAH_YUHMUHDA

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013

No, we'd really prefer an android and i Phones aren't good value for the money. And since their screens are so cheap it will probably only last my mom a week because of how much she drops them.

xibalban

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I had similar requirements and I thus spent hours in my quest to find that perfect phone. I zeroed in on two models:

Motorola Defy+
Sony Ericsson Xperia Active

I've settled down for the Xperia Active finally, read "why" in the following thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1798819/buy-ip67-certified-smartphone.html