• HP

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Acer

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

bc5

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
(Posted this earlier but I seem to have accidentally closed that thread. Which makes it sound like I'm n00bing pretty hard but I just tried to edit the opening post. I blame forum glitch.)

Select as many as you want. Especially for battery, reliability and build quality. Who builds them to last? If you've had a good experience, share it here and vote. Had a bad experience? I've asked the opposite question here:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1789198/worst-laptop-brands.html

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I will never buy a non-Apple laptop again. My nice gaming (Windows!) rig at home, and the best portable pc in my bag.

diazalon

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Apple laptops are so over priced... If they where cheaper then i would get one but for the price you dont get alot of performance

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

Totally agree with you, but some are gems. The 13 pro retina is very closely priced to the 15, and you hardly have the same specs. The only thing that can compare to the 15 are alienwares, which are hardly portable. Overall, I would shell out the extra bucks. Im too content to do otherwise ;)

diazalon

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Yea for college or watever if you can afford it sure but gaming no way.

bc5

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Question was absolutely nothing to do gaming though - "Especially for battery, reliability and build quality. Who builds them to last?"

Done some thorough research on failure rates and customer satisfaction and looks like Lenovo is the way to go.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
I guess it depends on what you do with it/ how you treat it.

Every review I hear about the lenovo thinkpad t series comments on how they are built like a brick, however they don't really put a gaming friendly gpu in there from what i've seen

At the same time you could get an msi or asus rog laptop, and it might have great hardware, but would snap in 2 in situations where the thinkpad would barely grunt

Like has been said before, apple seems to build good laptops, but they can be 1.5-2 times the price of a laptop with equivalent hardware.

Despite my own personal issues with lenovo, I still like them better than dell. And i think my issues related more to how I treat my mobile computers more than anything. I've also heard good things about their return policy as well if things don't work out.

Lenovo thinkpad models would probably be the way to go for battery reliability and build quality. Maybe followed by asus, especially if you are interested in gaming on a laptop

g-unit1111

Distinguished

They don't actually manufacture their laptops, they're a reseller. Sager is the OEM who manufactures laptops for a lot of big boutique vendors like Cyberpower, Digital Storm, Origin, Falcon Northwest, and so on.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Lenovo all the way with Sony and Asus close behind. Everything is is hit and miss. I wouldn't own or recommend anything from Toshiba or Dell.

Honestly, that smaller Razor Blade looks like about the most impressive thing out there right now to me if gaming is a concern.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I've had a great experience with my Lenovo so far. The Razor Blade is a sweet product but not really worth double what most laptops in its' class should be priced at.