Lenovo laptop gaming problem

HP2256

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
So my dumbshit fuck of a friend bought lenovo laptop while he couldve bought an asus of my choice in his price range but the lenovo laptops specs are (i havent seen exact specifics since i used it only once)
intel core i3 (i dont know model no.)
2gb ram
intel 4000 graphics
500gb hdd

while he couldve gotten an asus for just $50 more
intel core i3 (dual core)
4gb ram
2gb graphics
500gb hdd

but anyway now the problem is intel hd4000 isnt bad since my old pc w/ a g41 family chipset can run crysis2/skyrim but his laptop cant even run counter strike/condition zero and the bios is crappy w/o any good options + i did the intel graphics settings on performance(custom) but it still lags in cs/cz and now he annoys me to play games on my pc is there a solution to maximizing graphics performance so he can atleast run crysis 2

gamer2321

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Crysis 2 should actually work quite well on that Laptop
Perhaps you should check that laptop for malware viruses and make sure it is cooling well.
Perhaps try upgrading RAM also as the laptop maybe accessing the paging file on the hdd which makes gaming really crappy because of the lack of RAM

HP2256

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

laptop isnt mine so idk about ram upgrade and its brand new w/ norton antivirus so no malware the cooling is well which i already checked and the thing is i dont wanna try crysis 2 because it once overloaded while running condition zero and shutdown

gamer2321

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
HERE ARE THE TWO BIGGEST PROBLEMS WITH SOLUTIONS:
- THERE'S MALWARE (TRUST ME) USE MALWAREBYTES TO CHECK FOR AND REMOVE MALWARE
- THERE"S A LACK OF RAM 2GB ISNT REALLY GOOD ENOUGH FOR WINDOWS 7 to play games either move to XP or ADD MORE RAM

HP2256

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

i guess there must be malware he's like technically impaired duck goes anywhere and its not my pc so i guess i can suggest it but thanks and can i use any other software to maximize graphics performance for example in my gigabyte mobo i have M.I.B. which allows robust graphics performance (extreme atm) and pavp paranoid mode which allows ram sharing (500mb more ram for graphics) so while using 128mb card i get aroung 700mb or so of graphics mem

gamer2321

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
well for graphics memory all i have to say is that intel hd graphics is horrible and shared memory is not actually used unless the system is under full strain and even so shared memory is actually slower than dedicated memory

Not sure if there is malware, but that is relatively easy to fix. Actually, it's probably best if your friend simply does a clean re-install of Windows if he loaded a lot of crap on his laptop. This will also take care of any malware. I would say the main issue is the amount of RAM. 2GB is not really enough RAM for the OS and a game at the same time especially since some of that RAM is being used by the Intel HD 4000.

I will assume that the laptop has only 1 stick of 2GB RAM. If so then that means the memory is working in single channel mode instead of dual channel mode. I believe this by itself imposes a 10% - 15% performance penalty because of the limited bandwidth. Not sure how much of a perform penalty your friend is getting due to the limited amount of RAM, but I suppose increasing the RAM to 4GB+ in total should improve performance by maybe another 10% since the OS and games will not be fighting over limited resources (i.e. only 2GB of RAM).

Ideally you want matched pairs of RAM so either 2 x 2GB sticks for a total of 4GB or 2 x 4GB sticks for a total of 8GB. However, if your friend's laptop only has a single stick of RAM, then you can also simply drop in a single stick of 4GB RAM for a total of 6GB. How much of a performance penalty for not using matching pair of RAM? Probably very, very little. As I stated, matched pairs would be the "ideal" but not absolutely necessary.