Msi computer? A good buy?

Akizzem

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hello, looking to get a computer for college, originally I wanted a Mac but I don't think it will suit what I need, I need a computer that will be able to run autocad 2013 or 2014 I can't remember which one we are using. I want to eventually be able to run other programs such as solidworks. I came across a computer made by a company called msi, ihave never heard of them before but to be honest I've never looked into computers this deep before, the msi model I'm looking at is the
MSI G Series GT60 2OC-024US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
Would this work for what I'm looking for? I also want a computer that's gonna last a while if Im gonna shell out $1500 for it, thanks

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
MSI is a solid company, famous for manufacture PC components for high performance. Those laptops that ypu says are very solid, but maybe you can take a look of ASUS too, they do very good laptops too. If you option is limited to that one, I would go without problems.

Akizzem

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

I'm open to any ideas I just wanted to make sure msi was a good brand first, I also like the specs the computer has but then again I don't know too much about it, I know it's supposed to a gaming computer but I think I benefit from the performance it has when I eventually use it for 3d modeling programs, ill check out asus too, thank you!

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

You are good with MSI, is a very solid manufacturer, excellent performance and high quality.