Hard reset while SIM and SD Card inside?

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Can you tell me what happens if your sim card and sd card are inside the smartphone while you hard reset it?Do the SIM card settings get deleted?

Solution
Nothing happens to the SD card, and sim.
Your phone contacts, messages, calender entries, apps installed in phone gets removed.
Your phone will be like the way you got from the store.

Regards.

baburajiv2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Nothing happens to the SD card, and sim.
Your phone contacts, messages, calender entries, apps installed in phone gets removed.
Your phone will be like the way you got from the store.

Regards.

Solution

RHK790

Estimable
May 27, 2014

U sure I won't loose anything from sd like the photos or music or should I take it out before reseting ? I'm using Huawei ascend y300

vonheise

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Why ask in the first place? I just did a hard reset. I took my SD card out first, no reason to play around and lose 13,000 photos even if I have did save them to my computer already. It takes time to recover, why risk wasting the time. I left the SIM card because it is a new one and nothing could be lost anyway.

greenbergman

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
I have a similar question. I have apps that I moved to the SD card (because I didn't have enough space in the built-in memory). Do I leave the card in during the reset? (I have backed up all the data that's stored on the card: music, photos, etc.). Either way, how does Google know where to reinstall apps that have resided in the sd card?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T.

Thanks

Alan_67

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016