Transferring from one phone to another

General_Led

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I am currently on a iphone 4s and I will be upgrading to a Galaxy S4 within the next few days. I was wondering if it is possible how would i go about transferring contacts and photos to my new android phone from a ios phone?

Solution
You will need a google account, its free.

Plug in your iPhone to your PC and laptop. Open up iTunes.
Your iPhone should appear on the top righthand corner - click it and select the Info tab from the iPhone Summary screen.
If you are currently syncing your contacts over iCloud, at this point you should go into the settings on the iPhone itself, select 'iCloud', and move the Contacts slider from On to Off.
Then head back to iTunes and tick 'Sync contact', selecting Google from the Drop Down list. Then sign into your Google account and your contacts are uploaded to Google.
When you first set up your Android phone signing into Google will give you the same contacts as you had on your iPhone. That's it

kushvyas

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
You will need a google account, its free.

Plug in your iPhone to your PC and laptop. Open up iTunes.
Your iPhone should appear on the top righthand corner - click it and select the Info tab from the iPhone Summary screen.
If you are currently syncing your contacts over iCloud, at this point you should go into the settings on the iPhone itself, select 'iCloud', and move the Contacts slider from On to Off.
Then head back to iTunes and tick 'Sync contact', selecting Google from the Drop Down list. Then sign into your Google account and your contacts are uploaded to Google.
When you first set up your Android phone signing into Google will give you the same contacts as you had on your iPhone. That's it

Solution

kushvyas

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Regarding your photos:
It's a similar story to that of moving music files, but with one significant difference. Back up your video and photo files from your iPhone to your PC and you can drag and drop them to your Android phone. Photos will be viewed in much the same way as on your iPhone.