sony xperia z durability

dharun

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
hello , im thinking about upgrading my phone , and im very impressed with the sony z1 or the honami , but ive heard some forums saying that the sony xperia z and the other xperia lineup have terrible durability issues like that the glass on them cracks easily and u cannot repair them only replace and that too at a steep price , any advices ? has anyone done a drop test or some who own it vouch for its durability ?

acemanph

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

Hello, my best friend bought xperia z and was very very disappointed. Its home brewed os is the worse, can't compete with samsung's touchwiz or even just vanilla android. The edges of the phone chips when he accidentally drop the phone, its supposed to be shock proof, well at least for just 3feet, it should have withstand the drop, and lastly, its also not water proof as they claimed, he was texting one day when it was raining and water went inside the camera lens, thou the phone and camera still functions, and lastly glass and back of phone are very prone to scratches, not as good as gorilla glass. anyway, just a tip.

acemanph

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

Happy guest

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013

I read that while the front of the xperia Z was dragon trail glass the rear was in fact gorilla..... Any idea whether this is true?