bamoguy

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased the 128 Gig Surface Pro from my local Best Buy. Not going to lie, I love this thing, but am running into a few issues.

To begin, my steam games won't launch. Or they won't launch...most of the time.
They used to, but ever since I updated the Intel HD 4000 driver they won't and i'd rather not revert to the older driver. It just doesn't make sense that the NEW driver won't support Spec Ops The Line or Bioshock 2 (which I have seen youtube videos of them being played on a Surface Pro).

This is all fine, and every once in a while when the game DOES load, my bluetooth HP mouse...disconnects. It is just a great situation all around.

So I did some research and found out that I may be able to improve the PC's performance by overclocking the processor, but I have a few questions.
Firstly, I noticed there was a difference between overclocking processors and video cards, but since the graphics chip is integrated, does overclocking one do the other or do I need to overclock them both individually? Also, the surface Pro running Windows 8 does not have BIOS, so all the usually tutorials do not apply. It has this new thing (I honestly forget the name UIOE or something like that?).

Anyways, i would love some help, and maybe I am just not updating correctly, I truly don't know. I am new to computers, but very interested and have done a lot of research! Thanks for the help in advance!

-Bamoguy

bamoguy

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

No i'm being dead serious. The Surface Pro can handle some games on its own. Plus I have a 2 year warranty that I purchased that covers everything so I am not afraid to overheat the computer if I overclock it. Thanks for the incredibly helpful response :)