Wierd Galaxy S3 Charging issue

jinayhvora

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Hi,
i have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it has this issue
when the battery drains out completely, and i leave it uncharged for sometime (say half an hour), then it will not boot off a wall charger, it will only boot off USB charging, however when i put it to charge immediately after it drains, it will charge fine, can someone help me to find out what the issue is?
Thanks in Advance

Solution
As a guess, I would say because the wall wart has a limiter circuit to prevent voltage backflow and overheating, the initial voltage inrush is limited by that circuit until it stabilizes. A typical USB port does not have that safety feature and provides unobstructed voltage input. Next time you run your battery down, put it on the wall wart, give it a few minutes and then see if it will boot.

Mark

markwp

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
As a guess, I would say because the wall wart has a limiter circuit to prevent voltage backflow and overheating, the initial voltage inrush is limited by that circuit until it stabilizes. A typical USB port does not have that safety feature and provides unobstructed voltage input. Next time you run your battery down, put it on the wall wart, give it a few minutes and then see if it will boot.

Mark

Solution