sasha831

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Hey Guys,

My laptop has finnaly destroyed itself, and so I'm picking out a new one which I will use for gaming and a bit of video editing. I've narrowed it down to two main choices. They are:

MSI GX60:
AMD A-10 5750m(2.5ghz)
AMD 7970m 2Gb DDR5 Dedicated
8gb Ram
750gb 7200rpm
Blu-Ray

Sager NP7352:
Intel i7 4700mq(2.4ghz)
Nvidea gtx 765m 2gb DDR5 Dedicated
8gb Ram
1TB 7200rpm
Blu-Ray

So, they have a $15 price difference, so that is irrelevant. Also, the hard drive size difference does not bother me, as 750gb is more than enough. The main issue is that the msi has an Amazing graphics card, but a mediocre processor, with the sager having a great processor but a significantly weaker graphics card. One other thing is that the msi has a surprisingly large battery life, and I plan on using this on the go, though most likely near a power point, so I can deal with the smaller battery life to get a better performance.

What are your opinions on this?

Thanks,

Sasha

diarmuid

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
It really is dependent on what you plan on doing with the laptop. Do you want portability, because if you are looking for that your not going to find it in either of these machines. But the Sager might last a little longer, also I am not very familiar with AMD, but the intel and Nvidia Combo is better because when the GPU is not needed it turns off and uses the integrated on the CPU, so the battery life on the Sager might actually not be that bad. Check this out, if you need that much power the battery will suffer and the system will run HOT, 100W TDP vs a 75W TDP, its not much but it will definitely make the difference.

So the Sager is a better choice, newer GPU, will run cooler, last longer, and the difference in performance will be worth the sacrifice, also it has an 4th Gen i7 which is far superior to the AMD chip.

sasha831

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

@diarmuid The MSI has a far surperior battery life, and acording to all reviews It has one of the quitest cooling systems around. My only concern is whether the nvidea graphics will hold me back more then the amd processor.