Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB Not Showing By Computer

syedaliabedi

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Hi. I Am Really Fed Up With This Crucial Problem.
I am Plugging My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 in The USB port of the Computer and There is Not A Single Change or Notification By The Computer and as a reason, I Cannot Transfer the Media from My Tablet to The Computer. Please Help Me Out of this Problem. The Computer Is Not at all showing the Device. I Even Tried the Disk Management after Right-Clicking the Computer, But it Does'nt Show There Too.
Computer: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
Service Pack 3.
Please Help Me Out of this Problem ASAP.

syedaliabedi

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

It's So Kind of You, But, I have Installed The Driver Long Ago!
But, The Computer is Not Showing Any Device Connected.

syedaliabedi

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

It Was Perfectly Working Before and Also, I Have Tried It To Connect In Different Ports, But The Result is The Same.
Also, I Have Connected My Samsung Galaxy Ace and You Know What, It Was Shown By The Computer Automatically and I Was Able To Transfer Media Files.
I Think There Is Some Problem In The Settings In The Tab!
Please Help Me Out!

rulaifozhu

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
yes, I Have Tried It To Connect In Different Ports, But The Result is The Same.thanks
19.gif

NixCore

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello,
I have had this problem for some time on many different Windows machines.
If you are on OSX you will need the Android File Transfer tool.
But on windows the issue would most likely be this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1422174

and this worked for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mohammadag.samsungusbmassstorageenabler

It does require root access however. If you do not want to root your Galaxy then perhaps search the App Store for something like "mount usb" or "usb mass storage", but I can only verify that the above solution worked for me.

Toby Veck

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
Sadly the 30 point data cable connector only seems to last a few months. First the PC connection fails then the charging connection fails shortly after. I am now on my 3rd cable in just over 12 months. From my experience the only solution is to replace the data cable. £2.35 post free from amazon, genuine samsung cable. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Samsung-Galaxy-Cable-Accessory/dp/B00BWY37DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392408928&sr=8-1&keywords=genuine+samsung+data+cable+for+tab+2

Otherwise a great piece of equipment.

gooni

Estimable
Mar 10, 2014
Just used an hour to search around for this problem with the tab only charging and saw somebody mention the cable and I wasn't using the cable that followed with the Tab but when I did it showed up right away and was able to copy files through the USB.

mila-rose09

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Thank you so much canceriangaurav, I did this and it has worked ^^ such great help