Tags:
  • Nexus
  • LED Backlight
  • Android
  • Smartphones
  • LED Monitor
Last response: in Android Smartphones
August 3, 2013 6:45:37 PM

I've had my Nexus 4 for about a month and a half now. The LED below the screen worked flawless until recently. It hasn't worked since the 4.3 OTA update.

I have tried lite flow briefly but that didn't do the trick. How do I determine if it's software or hardware and maybe how to fix it.

Any help please...

More about : nexus notification led

Best solution

August 3, 2013 7:03:10 PM

You should try this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coolb... In this app you can tell the LED to turn the chosen cooler when you turn the screen off. If there is no response, I would assume it is dead. My LED is still working on my Nexus 4 after the 4.3 update.
August 3, 2013 7:15:29 PM

IT WORKS OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH, but software is still the issue. So glad it's not hardware. Could it be that the app isn't updated to 4.3 yet?
m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2013 7:20:26 PM

You can try to go into settings and turn off your notification LED than reboot. After that turn the setting back on and reboot. That's all I can think of. If I helped you, remember to choose the best solution.
m
l
August 3, 2013 7:42:24 PM

Jmsully said:
You can try to go into settings and turn off your notification LED than reboot. After that turn the setting back on and reboot. That's all I can think of. If I helped you, remember to choose the best solution.

Not quite yet, under what menu is notification LED all i can find is Pulse Led with a check box. That adjusts the 10 second on off cycle, right?
m
l
August 4, 2013 6:55:51 AM

If you go into Settings> Display> Pulse LED that is the check box I was talking about.
m
l
August 4, 2013 10:25:06 AM

Jmsully said:
If you go into Settings> Display> Pulse LED that is the check box I was talking about.

I got it to work for some things, Google Now and G plus aren't working though. I guess I'll play around with it. If you think of anything obvious let me know. Thanks for the help Sir.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook