Best Smartphone from Verizon?

fiwefo

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
I'm going to be getting my first smartphone soon. My carrier is Verizon Wireless, so I'll have access to Droid, Apple, Samsung, Windows, LG, and Blackberry (Only have one smartphone) phones. The thing is, I really have no idea about what smartphones are good and what ones are bad. I know Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, and Droid are the smartphones everyone always talks about. What would you guys recommend I get? Money isn't an issue by the way.

Solution
What do you plan to use it for. Depending on what your needs are the answer may vary. Do you want to do emulation on your phone or just simple tasks, does size matter, do you have brand or os preferences in mind, and will you be jailbreaking or rooting it?

For Performance

The LG G2 is going to be anounced august 7 and have the brand new snapdragon 800 with krait 400 cores and andreno 330 gpu. I personally am torn between getting a snapdragon 800 Phone or waiting for tegra 5. Currently no tegra 4 phones have been announced yet, and the only s800 phone is the G2 to my knowledge. Both the tegra 4 and snapdragon 800 seem to be the fastest soc phones available for android.

Mainstream

As far as android goes the galaxy s4 is a nice phone...

combine1237

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
What do you plan to use it for. Depending on what your needs are the answer may vary. Do you want to do emulation on your phone or just simple tasks, does size matter, do you have brand or os preferences in mind, and will you be jailbreaking or rooting it?

For Performance

The LG G2 is going to be anounced august 7 and have the brand new snapdragon 800 with krait 400 cores and andreno 330 gpu. I personally am torn between getting a snapdragon 800 Phone or waiting for tegra 5. Currently no tegra 4 phones have been announced yet, and the only s800 phone is the G2 to my knowledge. Both the tegra 4 and snapdragon 800 seem to be the fastest soc phones available for android.

Mainstream

As far as android goes the galaxy s4 is a nice phone with decent performance and large market share with the snapdragon 600 chipset in the us which will deliver you adequate performance for any daily tasks and lighter emulation.

The iphone 5 is a good choice as far as apple goes, but rumors of new ones and a more closed ecosystem drove me away from getting one.

Currently I have an htc rezound on verizon and I am in full 4g coverage and can say that I have been able to play games such as battlefield 3 and chivalry with under 150 ping on my 4g.

Please let me know if you have found any errors.

Solution

fiwefo

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

Besides the obvious like texting and calling, I plan to use it for games, but not anything like Battlefield 3, just games like Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, etc. I also plan to use it for applications like FaceBook, browsing the internet, etc.

I'm not going to jailbreak/root it and I don't have any preferred brands or operating systems.

combine1237

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
You should be fine with either the iphone 5 or galaxy s4 then. My mother has the galaxy s3 and the larger screen makes it much nicer than my friend's iphone 5 to navigate on and play games. Also the android app ecosystem is much more open source, but these are just my preferences as I am a little biased toward android. Currently the s4 has the best specs of any verizon phone and if it is anything like the s3 there is a large aftermarket support behind it.

rwayne

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Galaxy S4 with out a doubt. I have had one since the verizon release and it is awesome. One of thee fastest smart phones on the market.

Out side of that the only thing I would look for is the Motorola X phone. There is a rumor that a promo website for the phone will go active tomorrow August 1st. The hardware specs are really good and should have a lot of customization options. Not to mention the amazing $299 off contract price (if that holds true). Read the article below.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Moto-X-299-off-contract-Snapdragon-customization,23653.html

daffa-apriza34

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
if you want the reliability of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the premium feel of an iphone, you can consider buyying the htc one. The phone got a good camera(4 ultrapixel)&the phone is as fast as the S4. But if you want a futureproof phone, consider buying the Sony Xperia Z1 or the LG G2(but the sony is not available at Verizon).

TRENDING THREADS