Galaxy S4, S3, or Nexus 4

DarthScabrous

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Here's the problem: I can only buy from Newegg. Which should I get? The Nexus 4 and S3 are $200 cheaper. Is the extra money worth the S4? If not, which would be the best bet? I'll be using T-Mobile monthly plan for 2 months, and then switching over to AT&T.

DarthScabrous

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
And when I switch to ATT, I should be able to pick up HSPA+, right? The only version they have is the i9300. Quad core, but only 1gb ram. Not a horrible switchoff, at least I don't think so.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Yes, you should be able to get HSPA+ signal on AT&T with the i9300 if there is HSPA+ coverage in your area, as long as the phone supports 1900 MHz band (PCS), which applies to AT&T, T-Mobile, and international versions of Galaxy S3, and the Galaxy S4. Also the Nexus 4 as well. If you want LTE from AT&T though, with the i9300, no. The i9300 will not support LTE. Only if you get the US editions of Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4, such as the AT&T and T-Mobile's edition, they will support LTE on AT&T. HSPA+ is fine in my own opinion, but I just want you to know the details. Hope this helps.

bill001g

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Be very careful to assume you can move any cellphone between providers data networks. Sure you can get a unlock code from the provider and it will likely take a sim on another network and voice will work fine. Data is another story. It varies greatly based on the phone model but the internal radios may or may not be configured to run on the correct frequencies. Although there are people that say you can change the configuration of these radios it is hard to say how much fact there is. This is exactly the issue people have with a unlocked voice only phone from europe trying to use it in the US and find it does not have the proper radios in to talk to US based towers. Especially LTE is set to run on the vendor whose network it was first purchased on.