I will never buy another MSI product

Jason Lott

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
5 months ago i spent $1800 on a MSI GT70 notebook with the GTX675 MX GPU. I have had nothing but porblems with it to date. I have already sent it in for service twice, and i will be sending it back a third time tomorrow.

I had random shutdowns (Error 41 Task 63), I had video freezes, i have the "configuring windows features" issue anytime i shut down, I had artifacting problems.

This first time i sent it in, it cost me $50 to ship (with $1800 in insurance), and all they ended up doing was changing out my A/C adapter and a temperature sensor. They also reinstalled windows (I had already tried that). They sent it back to me and i got it back almost 4 weeks after i initially mailed it to them.

Well, i was on work travel that month and just had to suck it up until i got home, called them back, and got another RMA number. At least this time they paid for shipping. They changed out the CPU and the mobo, and this fixed a couple of my problems. I haven't had the random shutdowns or the artifacting since. However, they ignored my video freezing and the "configuring windows features" issues.

Now i will be sending it back again, and the tech guy told me they would change out the GPU and see if that fixes it. I didn't realize i was the one responsible for troubleshooting problems on their crap laptop.

I have now had an $1800 laptop for 5 months, and have been mainly using my 3 year old ASUS because it still runs better. I seriously doubt this laptop still sells for $1800 either.

Has anyone else had this type of experience with MSI?

Jason Lott

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
bump for anyone thinking thinking about making the wrong decision and going with an MSI product

Now that I am on my third RMA, for the same issue, they are making me pay shipping again. Another $50 and 3 weeks without the computer. They said the reason was that they paid for shipping last time.

I wonder how much my laptop will have depreciated by the time i actually have it working