Apple vs. PC for Design

matttmoss

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
I'm a junior in high school and I really want to go into graphic design. I've learned how to use Photoshop and I've already making art for websites. I built my PC $1000 about 7 months ago and honestly I'm a PC person. I run dual monitors and enjoy Video Editing and Design. My laptop has started to fail and doesn't have the performance I need for gaming and Photoshop. Not to mention I will also have to bring my laptop to school everyday for my Web Design class.(School computers are shit) I've heard that you want a Mac for design and I will admit they have they're pros as well as cons. One pro is that they last long. The one suitable for my need, however, is $2000. Would it be worth it to get all? If so, if I were to get it now, would it last me throughout the rest of high school and college?
Here are the specs:
--------------------------------------------------------
2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB flash storage1
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
---------------------------------------------------------
I can find an ASUS laptop for $1000 with better specs, but I doubt it would last me 6 years.

whyso

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

Personally I'd keep to PC (you already have one so it'll be easy to move projects from computer to computer and you don't need to buy as much software).

Personally I'd get a nice laptop with similar specs and add an SSD (256 GB may not be enough space in 3 years) so you can have fast storage and lots of space.