Can i install android on Samsung GT S5230?

wereireland

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I know it is an old phone with poor specs but i was wondering could i put android on it? I know it would be easier to just buy an android phone but it would be something i would like to try.

WebBeachBoy

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
Why would any sane person want to replace the excellent Samsung OS on the S5230 with the crap Android OS which blocks you from using your own phone without signing in to a Google account and obtaining THEIR authority before you can do anything with your own phone? Wake up! I have recently found that my old Samsung S5230 can do a lot more than I thought with a little bit of upgrading - I can now watch feature length films in bed for free with it :) The OS is light years ahead of brain dead yank Google stuff - but a 6" screen would be nice. Wait for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with Tizen coming out September 2015 - That will probably actually work. Throw your useless Android phones in the trash can haha P.S. you CAN change the OS in almost ALL mobile phones - but if you don't do it exactly right you will "brick" it (stop it working permanently) butwhat better time to experiment than with an old phone ? You may be surprised at what is possible.

sandorandre

Estimable
May 22, 2015

MaRtYy

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015
You actually can.I just saw a video with this phone running android 4.1.Search android s5230 and you will find it.BTW you are very lucky,1 of 100 phones of these is popular enough to have an android firmware.