Does the average person care about the Processor of their phones?

darkstar845

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Do you think they understand some of the technical things about the processors or they just listen to what the ads says. Like, for example some dual core ARM SoC can outperform other quad core SoC.

Solution
That is an excellent question, and I'm guessing the answer is most likely no. The people who seek out technology are more likely to understand it than those that don't. Just like the people who actively seek out new music, movies, TV Shows, games and anything else you can think of.

I just bought an HTC One and it's one of the best phones I've ever had, and it's even making my iPhone loving friends jealous. :lol:

ss202sl

Honorable
The average person? The average person doesn't really care about the processor - It's the AD. If the average person really cared, the only thing you'd see in the ads were the specs.

The specs tell the story of the phone's hardware itself, while the features of the phones in the ads (what can the phone do) sells the phones.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
That is an excellent question, and I'm guessing the answer is most likely no. The people who seek out technology are more likely to understand it than those that don't. Just like the people who actively seek out new music, movies, TV Shows, games and anything else you can think of.

I just bought an HTC One and it's one of the best phones I've ever had, and it's even making my iPhone loving friends jealous. :lol:

Solution

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I'm a tech enthusiast and don't particularly care about whats in my phone. I guess I just dont have any reason too care, my LG Optimus (which came free with my plan) phone can do the things I need of it, which is play music, make calls and serve as idle distraction.
I'm just not in the use-case where the hardware makes any real difference, which I imagine is similar for most people.