Compatible mainboards to unlock AMD Athlon II X3 450

vldqs

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hello.
I have the AMD Athlon II X3 450, CPU and from my opinion is not as fast as I expected as a triple core should be. Pretty slow in new games.
So I was wondering which mainboards are compatible so I can unlock my CPU? Asus, MSI or others?
My mainboard name is ECS A780LM-M2 1.0. I never heard of this mainboard and I'm wondering if I can unlock the cpu with it and a 500 W power source.
My mind is blurred right now and any help will be appreciated,

Solution
The reason why AMD lock a core (or even two) is 'cause such likely-to-be quad-core processor has one or more cores unstable or couldn't meet quality demand but AMD wants them to make profit too so it locked the unstable cores and sell them anyway.

Guides of unlocking are variant 'cause some guys who unlocked the additional cores are lucky and didn't bump into any issues. Unfortunately u don't have the luck. I've warned u, not directly, just now.

Can u disable one of the cores of this CPU in BIOS settings? That may help but take this as a lesson. Remember, there is no free lunch in the world.

vldqs

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
4gb DDR3 of ram and AMD HD 6670 1gb DDR3.
By the way, I unlocked the 4th cpu, I enabled the ACC too and when I started the PC and got into the windows, I attempted to start Google Chrome and it was crashing constantly. I started internet explorer and I noticed youtube video was not loading and it was with some green lines. So, it is not stable or I should've installed something when I unlock to the phenom b50 x4? Any advice?

Maxime506

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
The reason why AMD lock a core (or even two) is 'cause such likely-to-be quad-core processor has one or more cores unstable or couldn't meet quality demand but AMD wants them to make profit too so it locked the unstable cores and sell them anyway.

Guides of unlocking are variant 'cause some guys who unlocked the additional cores are lucky and didn't bump into any issues. Unfortunately u don't have the luck. I've warned u, not directly, just now.

Can u disable one of the cores of this CPU in BIOS settings? That may help but take this as a lesson. Remember, there is no free lunch in the world.

Solution