Best laptop under $800 dollars

Francisco Baez

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a good pc for all sorts of entertainment and media. Trying to get the best bang for my buck. I saw a few similar posts like this, but they didn't have the same needs as me. The laptop can be a normal size one, since choosing an ultrabook will take off alot of performance. I've seen some good Lenovos close to the 800 dollar mark.

Uses for this laptop: Watching movies, torrenting and having a laptop for decent gaming if possible.

I think keeping it as up to date as possible will be a plus, so it doesn't get obsolete very soon.

Hope to hear your advice and any other information you may need, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advanced! :D:bounce:

Francisco Baez

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Saw this questions on another post and thought it might help a bit:

1. What is your budget?
~$800
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Between 14"-17"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Best available, giving more importance to performance
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement, but let's be reasonable.
5. How much battery life do you need?
3hrs - 4hrs or better would be good
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, any decent or moderate gaming, with games in medium are acceptable. Wouldn't complain if better :p
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Mostly movie watching, torrenting.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Between 750 or a good combination with SSD if possible.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None in particular.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not really a priority
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'll trust your various opinions.
13. What country do you live in?
Will be purchasing it or receiving it in USA.