GTA V run on my Laptop?

AgentPeterPerry

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Will GTA V run on my Laptop?

According to GTA V Minimum Expected Requirements will it run on my Laptop?
My laptop specifications are
Processor Intel Core i5 3230M
Clock Speed 2.6 Ghz, turbo boost to 3.2 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 730M 2 GB dedicated DDR 3
8 GB RAM DDR 3

And if there is any chances of running could you please tell me the expected fps. And resolution which will run at a playable condition.

luckiest charm

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
With that configuration, I am just getting you an estimation -

Resolution - 1280 x 720
Frame Rates - 25 - 40
Quality - Everything to its bare minimum. Definition Off (If GTA V Comes with the option like GTA IV).

Now those numbers could improve if GTA V is not as terrible port as GTA IV was. If it is more optimized for PCs then you would get higher frame rates than above mentioned.

AgentPeterPerry

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

ah i see. :)
Thanks a lot. And could you tell me which range of frame rates are optimal? (Not maximum but optimal. Any game)

luckiest charm

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Below 25 you see the game lag.
Human eye can not distinguish individual frames if they are shown at speeds of higher than 30 FPS provided the game is fixed at those frame rates. Constant shifting between 40 and 25 would get you to slightly notice things so make sure you have set Vsync on in all games you play so partially rendered frames do not show up and you do not encounter tearing effects.

You see movies and TV right? Most of the movies and Sitcoms, etc are captured in 23 FPS. There is no lag anywhere. :)

AgentPeterPerry

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Thank you so much @Luckiest Charm. I'm running the game at 25-30 fps at medium-high tweak settings. This game is absolutely well optimized.