Google Ditches Latitude and Check-ins with New Maps App

Status
Not open for further replies.

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I wish Google would get off (bong smoke) cloud and give us USEABLE offline maps so we can at least find our way home when traveling in areas will little to no data service.

I was hoping I could ditch my Garmin after getting a Galaxy Note II but I can't.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
[I wish Google would get off (bong smoke) cloud and give us USEABLE offline maps so we can at least find our way home when traveling in areas will little to no data service.

I was hoping I could ditch my Garmin after getting a Galaxy Note II but I can't.]

This is why I use scout :p

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If this doesn't have offline maps, I'm not updating to it. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing - it sounds like some things are missing from the redesign at the moment...

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Anyone know a good replacement for Latitude? Pissed that I'm losing that. It was super helpful in knowing that friends got home safe.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
You can do Offline Maps right now by typing OK Maps in the search field. Their blog/G+ page noted they will be patching in the Offline Maps button asap.

What annoys me is they removed Google Navigation without a destination :( I always would just pop in my phone on the dock and enable navigation. I liked the UI/interface and relative ease of use when driving.

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I actually like Latitude, and I imagine check-ins are now relegated to Google+, but why remove the link feature from Maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.