Help with laptop purchase please

Jasd

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Hi all,

I am currently looking to buy a new laptop which will be used for Photoshop, 3d packages such as Rhino and Autocad, as well as some gaming. I know for the money that a desktop would be able to do this better but mobility is more important to me than having some machine left at home where i cannot use it.

I would like to buy from a company which will address any issues promptly and this has led me to looking at companies such as Dell, but their standard laptops don't seem to be very customisable and the Alienware ones seem to be the only ones i can get the kind of setup i am looking for from Dell.

I need it to have 16gb of memory, preferably some form of SSD (happy to have a split SSD/normal hard drive) 17 inch screen and a dedicated GPU.

I would buy an Alienware but i notice a lot of people on here class them as way overpriced so can anyone recommend an alternative that will give the spec i want with a good hassle free returns policy should something go wrong?

Please tell me if i have missed any important information required to answer the thread appropriately.

If you go through a custom notebook reseller, you can customize a laptop at a much more extensive level. It makes the buying process more personalized, and depending on which OEM you choose when you customize, you can get a very good warranty.

Buck for buck, that's the way to go.