AMD Radeon HD 7670M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 good for 3D Games?

Krunk

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
My laptop has Display adapters: AMD Radeon. HD 7670M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. I'm just wondering if it's ok for 3D gaming like Modern Warfare 3. Any advice please.

Krunk

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

Thanks for the infor. Wait, are you saying either one of them runs when I'm playing games, not both running simultaneously ? Cos i have them both preinstalled in my laptop when I bought it.

The Intel HD 4000 and the Radeon HD 7670m work independently of each other. It's basically done to conserve power / extend the battery life.

By default the laptop will be using the Intel HD 4000. When AMD's or Intel's drivers detects a launched application that can take advantage of the HD 7670m's graphics capabilities (like a game) it will then be the active graphic chip. For nVidia cards/chips this switching technology is called Optimus. Don't know what AMD calls it.

If for any reason a game launches and the laptop does not switch over to the nVidia chip/card, then thru nVidia's drivers you can force the nVidia card to become active when that specific game launches. I will assume AMD's graphic drivers will have the same capabilities as well.