Bottom bar permanetly locked when surfing? how do I unlock HELP!

wishIwasatechead

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
I cant seem to lock the bottom bar whilst windows is up? I cant check my batt level, start menu, see mulitiple menu's etc. really annoying as this change just happened on its own. I have to keep closing window off to see the time. any ideas please!!!!!

Solution
Thanks so much drtoast - yes I meant the start taskbar with windows buttons etc. DONE IT but slightlY different than you suggested because although helpful info, it still wasnt working..then I figured it out! so here's the info for anyone else with windows 7 and has this problem.
RIGHT CLICK ON GREY (TASK BAR STRIP AT BOTTOM OF SCREEN) > PROPERTIES > UNTICK "AERO PEEK" TO PREVIEW THE DESKTOP at the bottom of the box and of course TICK THE "LOCK THE TASKBAR" BOX at the top.

thanks for your help, you've made a girl very happy!

wishIwasatechead

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013

Thank you for replying with your solution, but no that doesnt work. The problem isnt the top bar where all the tabs are, its the bottom bar (perhaps its called something else?) >properties>lock>? doesnt work at all.
Ordinarily as I have a internet window open I can see the programes I have open on the bottom left, as well as speakers, time, date, Batt stats on the bottom right. But perhaps due to an "update" the other night now this "bar" dissapears when I open anything else. so I have to keep closing a window off just to view my battery status and things.
I might not be explaining it very well. sorry! any info would be grateful appreciated :)

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
By bottom bar, you mean the start taskbar, which displays the windows button, system clock, program notifications and you can pin frequent programs to it? about 1cm thick grey bar?

Right click an empty space on the bottom bar. It should give you a list of options including "lock" which forces it to stay 1cm thick (you can resize it) and "properties".. in the properties window there should be an autohide option. If its turned on turn it off.

The bar should reappear even when hidden if you just put your cursor at the very bottom edge of the screen.

wishIwasatechead

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Thanks so much drtoast - yes I meant the start taskbar with windows buttons etc. DONE IT but slightlY different than you suggested because although helpful info, it still wasnt working..then I figured it out! so here's the info for anyone else with windows 7 and has this problem.
RIGHT CLICK ON GREY (TASK BAR STRIP AT BOTTOM OF SCREEN) > PROPERTIES > UNTICK "AERO PEEK" TO PREVIEW THE DESKTOP at the bottom of the box and of course TICK THE "LOCK THE TASKBAR" BOX at the top.

thanks for your help, you've made a girl very happy!

Solution

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Do me a favour and undo it, take screenshots, then redo it and upload the pictures and send me a link?

I'm highly interested as to what the problem you were trying to describe was. Aero peek shouldn't have anything to do with hiding the taskbar xD