Does anyone know how to fix my sisters Nokia Lumia 710?

airbadfly

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
My sister's nokia lumia has stopped working, it does not turn on at all, so far i have tried: - Taking the battery out, and replacing it - New Charger - Connecting to a computer (when this happens it begins to install but does not turn on and the install fails) -Also both new and old chargers appear to get very hot when charging this phone, but not my phone
If anyone has any advice that would be very much appreciated :)

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Sounds like a fried battery.

Modern electronics use lithium-ion batteries, and they only last for so long before wearing out and not being able to hold a charge at all. Some are made better than others, and therefor last longer. Your sis' battery may have been cheaply manufactured.

See if you can find a friend with the same kind of phone as your sister, and try their battery in her phone.

airbadfly

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hey, i do not know anyone else with the same model of phone, however i have just taken a multimeter to the battery of the phone and got a reading of 2.45V (the battery claims it is 3.7) would this indicate that the battery needs replacing?

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
It's a good indicator something is wrong, that's for sure.

a 3.7v battery's minimum threshold is usually around 3.0v, anything under that it just won't work.

airbadfly

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Ok cheers i will order a new one, thanks for the help

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Is there a cell phone shop nearby? May be worth it just to swing by and see if they have another battery they can test it with before you spend any money on a new one. Just to be on the safe side, as much as that does sound like it's the battery.