GT-S5360"Wifi connection Lost"

Jun 4, 2013
hello,
I been having trouble with my wifi connection since i Factory reset my samsung galaxy S5360.It could no longer connect to my home Wifi nor my neighbor's wifi.Upon Opening advance setting,it says IP address Unavailable,I then tried IP static,nothing happen,still cannot connect.I tried to factory reset and manual hard reset,still the same,could'nt connect to my wifi..Please Help,tell me what to do..

thanks!

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
What channel is your router set to broadcast on?

On your router there should be a sticker indicating a local address and a username/password. Log in to your router via a web browser and any PC connected to it, then find the advanced settings page. There should be an option for the broadcast channel.

Try changing it to see if you can connect on a different channel. It could be clashing with a neighbors network, and the interference would be stopping you from properly connecting to it.

Jun 4, 2013
thank you for your reply,with regards to connection.my son and my husband phone can connect to our home wifi.it's only my GT-S5360 can't connect,after i factory reset and hard reset my phone..it was ok before i did the resetting,only it freezing though.so,i reset it and too bad,wifi connection is no longer possible with my phone.so,worried.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Like I said, find out what channel your router is broadcasting on and try changing it.

This happened to myself before and changing the channel sorted it out. Too many devices on the same channel trying to communicate with one another - it's not unheard of that one can't hear the others.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Change the channel then try to connect. Try it on every channel available. Do any work at all?

Also, always make sure the router is not set to auto mode. What automatic mode does, is it will attempt to scan for the emptiest channel automatically and broadcast on it. This doesn't take into account network load or device downtime, and so a clear channel at 12pm might not be so clear at 8pm that same night when everyone is home and their devices are on. The best thing you can do is test channels and find out which one works best for you.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Does that MAC address match your phone?

Go on the phone to settings > wireless and network > WiFi settings > click menu, select advanced. The phones MAC address should be listed there.

If it matches, delete it from the router and try to get online.

Jun 4, 2013
hi,
the MAC address of my router, does not match with the MAC address on my android phone..
and I tried using again the IP static on my android phone,and fill in the details of IP address,net mask,gateway,DNS1 and DNS2 as what i see in my router's settings.then it say i been connected,but the problem is ,I cannot browse thr e internet in my android phone,it say's "No internet connection".
to check,i tried my husband and my husband phone,it connected..

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Did you try resetting the router? There should be a button on the back which you'll need to hold in for about 30 seconds.

If it doesn't work, your best option is likely going to be taking it to a cell phone store to see if they can determine what is wrong with it. It's difficult for me to diagnose the exact issue when I can't physically examine the device.